Hey guys, Long time reader, first time poster.
I was hammering out the last few gear items I need for this trip and started thinking of snowshoes. I know we said we would base that decision on the forecast at the time, but two stunning revelations came to me today.
1. I will not have nor be readily willing to put up the cash for snowshoes (read Buko's Crampons).
2. If we need snowshoes there is no way in hell we can average 10+/- miles per day.
I doubt it will come to this, but if the case is made for say 8+ inches of snowfall in a short period, we might reconsider our destination.
***
Anyone who is pretty confident in their pack list could post here to help out other people decide if they are light/heavy. I'm working on mine now and it should be up in a few days. I know all Paco is bringing is Dinty Moore and a horse blanket.
Finally, I think it royally sucks that Rowdy Rick will be unable to attend. Someone else will have to take up the task of humorous berating.
~Web
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment