Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Calender

Thanks for the warm invite guys. What type of boots are you guys wearing? I've never used yaktracks but i don't really see a need unless you think there's going to be a good deal of ice on top of the snow. REI also takes everything of mine, from paper to plastic. I just got a pair of TNF baltoro 400 winter boots with smartwool socks and liners....eager to test them out.

Anyway, I'd really like to see this calender working properly. When you guys talk about trips without saying specific dates it can get confusing. This weekend a friend and I are going to do the black mountain crest trail starting 12/5, starting at the burnsville side and bearing south...meet up with my fiance on 12/6 after she gets off of work, and return to our parked car @ the north end of the trail on 12/7. If anyone is interested in coming with us my phone number is 704-280-4399.

I figured this would be a great way to get prepared for our upcoming, what I feel will be a, cold winter. I have a ton of new gear that I want to test and this will be the time to do it.

As far as the upcoming trip on Mt Leconte, I am up for going but will only stay one night. I have to commute to the mountains and I would like to do and see as much as possible while I'm out. That is, unless, there are plenty of side trails and other places to explore nearby...although I do not like straying from my gear anytime much less in winter. Lets hear more details.

No comments: