Yeah, I can't manage to get a calender that lets us modify it from the page. I'm working on it. Travis, we did the Black Mountain Crest Trail a couple of years ago in January and if you plan on making it all the way to Mitchell and back to Burnsville you'll have to be hauling. It's a sweet trail though. Unfortunately, I'm unable this weekend.
That's the trip that we started swearing by yaktracks. The snow tends to melt on the sunny peaks and runs down the trails on warmer days. Then it freezes the trail into a slick of ice at night. The guy that took Yak Tracks on that trail was dancing around us idiots as we fell repeatedly on our butts. I advise bringing a pair. They only weigh a few ounces and cost around $20 bucks.
The LeConte trip is on the 19th and 20th and I think the consensus is that we're going to be spending one night on LeConte and another moving on. As far as where... anybody have any suggestions?
-Buko
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment